JAPANESE GARDEN

JAPANESE GARDEN
This picture was taken at the Chicago Botanic Gardens on Thursday, August , 2010

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Non-dramatic Performances From Class

          I really enjoyed the three shows that we saw in class. The Blue Man Group had a very weird beginning. Just the sight of the blue men terrifies me...just a little bit. I did enjoy the music which seemed to go great with this particular act. I was confused at first but I realized they were making art. This act was unique but not what I expected. I was sort of disappointed. The second act was Cirque du Soliel. The act was the "Wheel of Death." The music was dark and racy, which fits the theme of this act. I liked that it showed different angles of the act and it really kept my attention. The lighting also set the mood.
         The last act was by a group from Blacksburg, VA from Virginia Tech. I really enjoyed this because he had me asking myself, "How do they do this??" Makes me respect science a little more. I did not take off points from them because of the minor mistakes they made because they were not professionals but still managed to amaze me. Out of the three, my favorite was the Cirque du Soliel act. Those men were talented and very brave. I wouldn't mind watching more shows by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment